Latest News and Tips
LEG BUILDING WORKOUT ROUTINE 1
When you’re starting to workout a lot of the time your legs are forgotten. However they should be a vital part of your routine. The below leg exercises are designed for beginners and the weigh you use should be determined on a daily basis.
Leg Extensions –Recommended: 3 Sets – 4-6 Reps
Muscles worked: Quadriceps
- Once you have selected your weight load, sit on the Fitquip FQPL9019 Leg Extension / Leg Curl Machine and place your legs behind the foam rollers. The pad should fall on top of your lower leg, just above your feet. This is your starting position.
- As you exhale, extend your legs to maximum length. Hold for a second and return to starting position. Remember to keep your body stationary throughout the exercise.
- Repeat this exercise, and remember that if it feels uncomfortable or your ankles are being put under to much stress to adjust the foam roller or lower the weight.
Dumbbell Lunges –Recommended: 4 Sets – 12 Reps on each leg
Muscles worked: Quadriceps, Calves, Hamstring, Glutes
- Standing straight, hold the dumbbells at your side.
- Step your right foot forward and bend your knees until your right thigh is parallel to the floor (lunge). Keep the dumbbells at your side the entire time.
- Stand straight and repeat. Alternatively you can swap legs for ever lung or lung (walk) forward.
Barbell Squat –Recommended: 4 Sets – 4-6 Reps
Muscles worked: Quadriceps, Lower Back, Calves, Hamstring, Glutes
- Set the bar on a squat rack, just below shoulder level and set up desired weight.
- Place the back of your shoulders just under the bar, slightly below your neck. Hold the bar using both hands and lift the bar off the rack by pushing with your legs.
- Step away from the rack and stand with your legs shoulder width apart. (This is your starting position). Remember to keep your head up and back straight at all times.
- While maintaining a straight posture and breathing out, slowly bend your knees and hips until you are in a squat position. You are in a correct squat position when your knees are “lined” up to your toes. If your knees are past your toes you will be putting excess stress on your knees.
- Using the heels of your feet, slowly raise into starting position. Exhale as you perform this.
This exercise is a difficult one and a spotter should be used. When first trying this exercise start off with light weights until you are used to the exercise. To make this exercise easier it is a good idea to have a smith machine.
Leg Press –Recommended: 3 Sets – 4-6 Reps
Muscles worked: Lower Back, Calves, Hamstring, Glutes
Equipment: Fitquip FQPL9010 Led Press / Calf Raise
- Once you have set your weight load on the Fitquip FQPL9010 Led Press / Calf Raise Machine or leg press machine, sit on the machine and place your feet on the platform with feet shoulder width apart.
- Push the platform out with your legs until they are fully extended in front of you. (Remember too push with the balls of your feet and not to lock your legs after each extension).
- Hold for a second and inhale as you slowly lower the platform.
- Repeat this set and breath out as you push the platform.
Remember to stretch before during and after your workout.
UPPER CHEST MASS BUILDING WORKOUT
BENEFITS OF WEIGHT TRAINING
WEIGHT BENCH NEED TO KNOWS